The Norwegian Hydrological Council is a co-operative body open to all Norwegian institutions, organisations, governmental bodies and corporations working in the field of hydrology.
The Council was established in 1995 and has 27 institutional members. Its mandate includes the following:
- Organise hydrological meetings, symposia, conferences and courses;
- Act as Norwegian liaison for the International Hydrological Programme (IHP);
- Promote co-operation and research co-ordination amongst Norwegian hydrological institutions;
- Provide information on international hydrology initiatives and co-ordinate Norwegian participation;
- Promote hydrological research and education;
- Disseminate relevant hydrological data and knowledge.